Monday, February 01, 2010

jQuery Shell Google Chrome Extension

I've written a handy Google Chrome extension for jQuery developers. The extension allows you to bring up a console window and run Javascript and jQuery commands against the current web page. It is great for learning or experimenting with jQuery. I call the extension the jQuery Shell and it can be found here. The source code can be found here. Here is a screen shot for your viewing pleasure:


Google Chrome has a really nice extension framework.

A couple of other useful Javascript tools (not Chrome extensions) I've discovered on the web lately are http://jsfiddle.net and http://jsbin.com/.

4 comments:

  1. very good ..
    it's interesting for me, thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good one :) why don't you put it up for firefox too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. why dont you put it up for firefox too

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can do is replace stuff :(
    If I goto news.yahoo.com and do:

    $('#yui-main').html("XX");

    It replaces the content. But if I do:

    $('#yui-main').children();

    It doesn't do anything.

    ReplyDelete